Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bono, The Edge, and Spiderman on Broadway


It has been reported that Marvel Comics is preparing a musical based on the popular graphic novel "Spideman". According to Billboard.com - preparations are underway, writing is taking place, auditions are being held... It's really on. The musical will be directed by Tony award winner Julie Taymor.

Now - apart from the fact that U2 has built a solid career of rock and roll music. I can't help but think, a musical? Really? Not withstanding the musical "Tommy" which featured the musical endeavors of the Who, I wonder what Bono is thinking. Perhaps he has some time on his hand from his busy schedule of saving the world, and needed another creative outlet for his bored mind.

All in all I guess we will just have to wait and see. As for me... I'm not holding my breath.

Read the entire Article here.
Find U2 here.

No comments: