Thursday, June 14, 2007

Way Back When: Oasis - What's the Story, Morning Glory


What's been spinning through my head over and over. Oasis, "What's the story) Morning Glory". Really the entire Oasis catalog is spinning madly on my mP3 player. Why the retro-grade detour down rock and roll memory lane?

To me, Oasis represents it's own genre of musical genius. The songs have a timeless quality to them that I can listen to over and over again. From the intro on Hello, leading off with the beautifully dirty Vox amplifiers, to the ballad of Wonderwall, I just can't stop listening.

Another draw to the band is the intrigue of the brothers Gallagher relationship. The warring tension that has kept on through a decade of Rock and Roll, that is an ever present theme in the music. I wonder how it all works every time I hear the music. It intrigues me that the brothers really don't like each other, or at least don't get along very well. I can see , and hear rather, how such conflict can be the foundation for awesome music.

And another thing I love about Oasis, is their consistency. They have a formula that works, and they stick with it tried and true. It is a truly British rock sound that will have you chugging Guiness in ecstasy in no time.

Oasis, like a wonderful Supernova of Sound exploding into your ears.


Oasis Website
Get your Vox gear at GuitarCenter.com

No comments: